Founded in 2013, Eweat is a rather new manufacturer, so you might not find much about them on the internet …yet.
But they are ready to make a name for themselves, and since their engineers are used to work with Realtek’s chipsets (from 1073 to 1186), they have big expectations from their Eweat EW902 item.
About Realtek 1195
This blog was one of the first to announce the new Realtek chipset back in May.
Since then the production was delayed a few times, but it looks like we are finally getting close.
So what does the Eweat EW902 bring to the table?
What’s in the box: HDMI cable, power adapter,RCA SATA cable, Quick Guide, simple IR remote
The remote is simple, IR based, can shutdown, then restart the unit, just as you would expect (several Android tv boxes can only put the unit to “sleep” via their remotes)
For some reason Realtek wants to add HDMI-In to these boxes – but, so far, there is no recording from external sources via HDMI – very disappointing to many.
How to install firmware upgrades to a Realtek RTD1195 unit:
– if you ever used a Realtek 1185 or 1186 device you will find this familiar:
– put the upgrade file (named install.img) on a USB stick, in the root folder
– on the right side of the mini PC there is a “restore” button, hidden in a tiny hole: press it with a toothpick or something like that
– keep pressing and switch on the TV box using the button on the back or the IR remote
– that’s all : a blue progress bar will appear and the TV box will reboot automatically when done.